Monday, March 7, 2011

In the name of passion, I've risked disappointment.

If I'd had any way of knowing that the food here were - as my dad used to say - going to get a whole lot worse before they got worse, I'm not sure how far I would have kept a distance from this overrated shop which I mistakenly thought to be the cream of the crop. The fact is, I had become addicted to famous shops and restaurants which often hardly guarantee food with a good quality. Still, despite all this, exploring new food is the great true love of my life.

One fine morning, I was standing at this side lane with my two old folks, who are equally good at anticipating adventurous food trail, giving my second try on their highly-acclaimed toast and coffee. The conclusion of our experiment: Disappointment is always inevitable.

Toh Soon Cafe @ Campbell Street

Kopi O kosong KAW

Milk coffee

Half-boiled egg

Kaya and butter toast

Coffee toast

Nasi Lemak
Toh Soon Cafe
Campbell Road
Penang

2 comments:

  1. The eggs and toast are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire:

    Ipoh Sin Yoon Loong Coffee shop serves better toast and coffee than this. Wonder how this shop manage to win the heart of the diners???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails