Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Marvellous Pie from Secret Recipe


It's tea time again! I was greatly influenced by the tea time culture of the Hongkies during my recent trip so whenever the clock strikes 3 in the afternoon, my stomach will start growling. I started looking everywhere, hoping to find a cosy place for me to hang out for the rest of the afternoon. Oh... the red sofa caught my attention. It's Secret Recipe!
Whenever I'm in Secret Recipe, I will first take a look at the cakes and pastries in the glassy shelves.

To my surprise, I saw my favourite pastry - The Black Pepper Lamb Pie. You must be wondering why I was surprised to see this pastry since it's one of the most commonly available pastries in every outlet.

The reason is: Black Pepper Lamb Pie is a seasonal item in Taiping outlet. What??? Seasonal item?
Yes, this pie is only available during festive seasons in Taiping outlet.

The filling is soft moist lamb and its gravy is really nice and tasty. The pie is best served and eaten hot.
Looks tempting, doesn't it?

Butterscotch Cream Cake

The cake tasted a little too sweet...

Flat White -  a mild and soothing beverage

Perfect combination!

Secret Recipe
(Tesco Taiping)
Jalan Istana Larut
Taiping

2 comments:

  1. i like their chicken cornish .. which i called dinosour pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duckie:

    I like cornish pie too but find it a little too heavy for tea time...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails