Sunday, October 2, 2011

The German Affair @ Weissbrau Penang

When I travelled to Germany, I was taken to a restaurant in Black Forest for some authentic German cuisine. I didn't miss the chance of savouring their signature dish - German Pork Knuckle. If my memory serves me correctly, that was the very first time I gobbled down the whole pork knuckle all by myself. That marked the most memorable affair of mine with a foreign land. It has been several years now and I can still recall the uniqueness of the food which keeps lingering around my mind. It's so overpowering that I began to develop a strong craving for pork knuckle. Thanks to my cravings, I was once again taken to a German restaurant for another affair with the evil spirits - Fat and Calories! 


Crispy German Pork Knuckle (fore leg only) @ RM48++


Sauerkraut (sour cabbage) is finely sliced green cabbage that has been fermented by lactic acid bacteria to give the cabbage a distinct sour flavour. 


Rösti is a traditional Swiss dish of fried grated potatoes. It looks a little like a hash brown and is usually served as a side dish.

Weissbrau's pork knuckle is marinated for four days before it is deep fried till golden brown

Weissbrau's pork knuckle has a crispy crackling on the outside while the meat remains moist, tender and succulent.

A touch of pink is both safe and desirable, especially for the juicy part of meat.

All's well that ends well
Nothing comes more perfect than a cup of espresso after a hearty and filling meal.

Cheers!


WEISSBRAU (PENANG) SDN BHD
Straits Quay, 
Lot 3C-G-1, 
Jalan Sri Tanjung Pinang, 
Tanjung Tokong, 
10470 Penang
Malaysia.
Email: wbpg@out2dine.com.my
Website: http://www.weissbrau.com.my
Tel: 604-8901808
Fax: 604-8901810

3 comments:

  1. I havent tried the German pork knuckle before though i have heard it is famous for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Weissbrau, and that irresistible rosti! I still am craving for that 1st visit to the outlet in Pavilion, for that potato dish more than the pork on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire:

    I always believe in eating first while my cholesterol level is still under control. Haha.

    J2Kfm:

    I am not a potato person so I left the rosti aside. Moreover, I found it a little too oily as compared to the Sauerkraut.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails