Thursday, October 6, 2011

A meal free of charge

What gives you more excitement than discovering banknote between the pages of an old book which you are about to send to the recycling centre? Stacking up all my uni books and tying them with strings, one book caught my attention. The title was "Tamadun Islam" (The civilisation of Islam). The book was almost brand new as I had not even once read it after paying RM35 for it. The civilisation of Islam was a compulsory course in the uni but I hardly showed any interest in history. I started flipping the pages and was so surprised to see a RM10 banknote inside. Being a meticulous person (particularly on money matters), I don't recall keeping money inside any books. So, the question that has no answer is: Is that my money? 

Well, since the book belongs to me, the money would go to nobody but me! Haha... with the red coloured banknote, I treated myself to a scrumptious Bak Kut Teh meal at the hawker centre. It's not a sin to use the money which I found inside a book that belongs to me, right?

Singaporean Fried Vermicelli @ RM4.00

Bak Kut Teh for one @ RM6.00

Taman Tasik Food Court
Lake Garden, 
34000 Taiping, Perak.
Malaysia

4 comments:

  1. Finder's keeper.. hahaha.. like the blue note i found at the bottom of my laundry bag.. who else but mine.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire:

    AGREE! In fact, the money I found has motivated me to start cleaning my house, with the hope that I would discover more money... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yin:

    回來吧, 老師請你... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails