Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Illy Espresso @ Strawberry Moment

I wouldn't consider myself being a real coffee connoisseur who knows every bean type and variety but I can assure you that I love coffee more than anything else, enjoy sniffing the aroma incorporated in the coffee vapour, rushing the concentrated fluid along my throat and getting the ecstatic feeling over the release of adrenaline running along my dilated veins... Sometimes, I wonder, what would I do without my cup of coffee? Oh no... stop tormenting me with the silly thought.

I can be rather picky in choosing the type of coffee beans. I have no faith in most of the coffee outlets in Malaysia thus I prefer grinding and brewing my own cuppa. However, I had an eye-opening tour in Italy when I sampled cups of coffee one after another in different regions of Italy. Segafredo, Lavazza, Illy... and what have you?


Strawberry Moment Dessert Cafe @ De Garden

Strawberry Moment is one of the very few (if not the only) cafes selling Illy coffee.

Single shot Illy espresso @ RM 7.90

A true failure! The presence of a faint layer of crema with an unnatural acidity was a result of brewing stale coffee beans.

My heartfelt condolences to the world's most precious coffee bean --- Illy

Strawberry Moment
Lot GR - 19, 20, Ground Floor
De Garden, Ipoh.
Tel: 05-5465595

3 comments:

  1. I always passed that shop .. but we didnt go in as yet.. tried in Cameron only.. so it is not good where coffee is concerned....how about the desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire:

    The pathetic looking apple strudel does not resemble the one I had in KL. Neither does it look appetising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Did u try their desserts?? Pastry and cakes??? i tried it at Cameron outlet... taste not bad...
    Feel free to visit my food blog at:
    http://www.jeremee89.com/2011/07/strawberry-moment-dessert-cafe-cameron-highland/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails