Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hong Kong-Style Breakfast

When I went to Hong Kong last year, I managed to savour most of the food I desired. However, when I came to one of the must-go destination - Australian Dairy Co. at Parkes Street, I saw throngs of people winding outside its door, anxious to get in to enjoy their famed scrambled eggs and macaroni set. I urged my mum to join the queue while I sneaked into the shop to take a glance at the menu. As an out-of-towner, I was not aware of the efficiency of the waiters in HK trying to get their customers in and out as quickly as possible. I was silly enough to have stood right at the entrance and obstructed the flow of traffic. I was asked to leave by a waiter in the rudest manner I've ever encountered. He said this in Cantonese:
 "Che che, lei yut kor yun chor chee yee sup kor yun ah!" 
(He meant I had prevented twenty customers from entering the shop.)

Consequently, I left and missed the most must-eat food in Hong Kong. However, my wish is now granted as my brother who recently went on his vacation in HK bought me a few packets of instant macaroni. I therefore came up with my version of scrambled eggs and macaroni set at home. 

Macaroni and Ham in Tonkotsu Soup


Scrambled Eggs and Ham on Toast




Take a look at the following picture featuring the scrambled eggs set from 
Australian Dairy Co. in Hong Kong.

Did I do a good job?

2 comments:

  1. U certainly did.. !! very look alike, your bread set look nicer.. hahaha... and i prefer the bread and the ham... dont know how to enjoy macaroni yet.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire:

    Thank you!!!
    If you want to try the above set, you can go to Kim Gary at Mid Valley for the breakfast set. Quite the same but tasted not as good as Australia Dairy Co. (according to my brother)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails